Contact UsFor questions regarding Station Area Planning:
City of Shoreline
City of Shoreline
For questions regarding
the Lynnwood Link project:
Sound Transit Community Outreach Corridor Lead
Click here to sign up to receive news on Station Area Planning.
Be sure to check the Light Rail Station Area specific box.
As of May 2015
Phase: Subarea Planning
- 185th Street Station - On Monday, March 16, Council adopted Ordinances 702, 706, and 707, which included the 185th Street Station Subarea Plan, zoning map and Development Code regulations. Review the final documents.
- 145th Street Station - On March 23, Council voted unanimously to follow the Planning Commission recommendation and delay further action regarding the 145th Street Station Subarea Plan until completion of a Corridor Study currently underway for NE 145th Street. More information on the Corridor Study is available on the project page. The current schedule has the Corridor Study being adopted in December 2015, which means that the City could resume light rail station subarea planning in January 2016. Part of the Council discussion was about how to increase public awareness and participation in the process, so stay tuned for a future Town Hall meeting or other opportunities to engage.
Light rail service is coming to Shoreline and anticipated to begin in 2023. Sound Transit's preliminary design calls for two Shoreline light rail stations on the east side of I-5 at 145th Street and 185th Street.
Changes in the neighborhoods near the light rail stations will take place over decades; however, the City is facilitating subarea planning processes for each station to determine much about the potential look and feel of the areas. Zoning and Development Code regulations have been adopted for the 185th Street Station Subarea. Discussion of these issues for the 145th Street Station Subarea will resume in 2016. Check below to learn more about decision points and opportunities for input. Information about the process to date is included on pages dedicated to each station subarea (click the links below).
Information on how up-zoning in station areas could impact nearby property values available here.
185th Street Station
- Project Timeline
- Draft EIS page
- Design Workshop process.
- Final EIS and documents adopted by Council on March 16, 2015
- Answers to frequently asked questions about property taxes and values, density, and the ability to obtain mortgages in up-zoned areas.
145th Street Station
- The DEIS is now available, download it by section or in its entirety.
A station at 145th Street was chosen as the Preferred Alternative of the Sound Transit Board in November of 2013, and the City began subarea planning for this station in 2014. The first series of Design Workshops was held in June and the community brainstormed ideas and design concepts for their neighborhoods. The second series were held in October, with a community meeting on the 9th, where computer models and potential zoning scenarios illustrated how ideas expressed in June could translate into possibilities for the future.
- To provide comments at this stage of the process, fill out anonline comment form.
- Printable version of the 145th Street Subarea Plan draft timeline.
- Review the materials created through the Design Workshop process.
145th Station Citizen's Committee Meetings
More information: 145SCC@gmail.com
- Answers to frequently asked questions about property taxes and values, density, and the ability to obtain mortgages in the up-zoned areas
- Materials from public meetings
- Sound Transit's Lynnwood Link Extension project page
- Answers to frequently asked questions about Lynnwood Link Extension
- Long Term Timeline
- Light Rail Station Study Area Boundaries
- Partner Organizations and their roles
If you would like to communicate with the City of Shoreline or review a document in another language, please send your request along with your contact information to the email address below or call (206) 801-2700.