To provide a safe, pleasant and healthy environment for the community.
1. Maintain, repair, and improve Shoreline’s transportation, street trees and drainage infrastructure.
2. Support emergency management as first responders and provide safe and efficient travel corridors.
What Does Street Operations Do?
- Sign Installation and Maintenance
- Pipe and Catch Basin Installation
- Roadside Drainage – Providing drainage allows water to flow better and also adds capacity for storage of surface water runoff during heavy rains.
- Paving – Removing potholes and failed sections of existing pavement and repairing the sub-base keeps City streets safe for driving.
- Berm Installation – Installing berms diverts surface water flow and channels water towards surface water drainage systems.
- Gravel Shouldering – Seven miles of street shoulder are graded with 5/8 crushed rock per year.
- “Adopt-A-Road” Coordination – The Adopt-A-Road Program is a volunteer cleanup program where groups collect litter along a road they have adopted.
- Traffic Control Device Installation – All types of traffic control devices, including traffic circles, ADA truncated domes and thermoplastic road signage are installed.
- Painting – In-street signage including bike stencils and disabled legends are painted.
- Emergency Response, Road Closures, and Traffic Control – The Fire and Police Departments request help with detouring traffic around accidents and incidents.
- Street Tree Maintenance, Restoration and Trimming – Planting, restoring, and trimming street trees and shrubbery keeps them healthy and vital.
- Compost Recycling Chips – Instead of hauling off storm-related chippings, chips are available for resident pick-up and use.
- Snow and Ice Storm Response – Plowing and sanding streets during snow and ice events help make City streets safer for winter driving.
- Wind Storm Response – Starting with primary routes and continuing on to secondary streets, large limbs and debris that have fallen within the City’s right-of-way must be collected.
- Flooding Response and Prevention – Storm drains and catch basins must be cleared to reduce possible street flooding.
- Contract Administration for road overlay, bituminous surface treatments (BST), right-of-way maintenance, traffic signal maintenance and sidewalk and curb ramp repair.
To report or request repairs, please use the Online Service Request form.