The Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and Shoreline Police are offering this one-day event that provides residents with no cost, anonymous collection of unwanted or expired medicines. Unwanted medicines that are flushed down toilets or thrown into the trash may end up in our surface and ground waters, impacting aquatic organisms, the environment and our health.
- Controlled, non-controlled and over the counter substances
- If an original container is submitted, you are encouraged to remove any identifying information from the prescription label by either removing the label or utilizing a permanent marker
- Liquids such as cough syrup will be accepted as long as it is in its original container
- Intra-venous solutions, injectables, syringes or medical waste will not be accepted due to potential hazard posed by blood borne pathogens
- Illicit substances such as marijuana, methamphetamine, heroin or cocaine are not part of this initiative and should not be placed in collection containers
For more information visit