The City of Shoreline established the Traffic Services Division in 2003. Under the direction of the City Traffic Engineer, Traffic Services is responsible for:
- Addressing and enhancing traffic and pedestrian safety.
- Plan review.
- Design and approval of all traffic control devices (including street lights, signals, signs, striping, etc.).
- Maintenance of traffic-related records including accident reports and signage/crosswalk inventories.
- Preparation and documentation of City traffic standards.
- Traffic counts, speed studies and investigations.
- Community education. The Neighborhood Traffic Safety Program (NTSP) is an important aspect of the City's community traffic education and outreach.
- Develop and design traffic calming solutions that enhance the quality of life for Shoreline residents.
Contact Traffic Services at (206) 801-2432 with any traffic-related questions or concerns.
Frequently Asked Services
Street light out? Contact Seattle City Light directly at (206) 684-7056.
Traffic sign down? Contact Traffic Services at (206) 801-2432.
Potholes/road condition concerns? Contact the City's Customer Response Team at (206) 801-2700.
Traffic Tickets: If you have questions about Traffic Tickets or related questions, please contact the King County District Court - Shoreline Division at (206) 296-3679. Their mailing and physical address is: 18050 Meridian Ave N; Shoreline, WA 98133.
|Shoreline City Hall
17500 Midvale Ave N
Shoreline, WA 98133
Phone: (206) 801-2432
Fax: (206) 546-2008